Before Riley was born, someone gave us a bib that said "Spit Happens". Because of this, Riley was destined to be a spitter-upper! So please think twice before giving this as a baby shower present! :)
The other day I went over to Fort Worth to see my sister and Livy Anne. I found myself packing about 10 bibs, 10 burp cloths, and several changes of clothing. You would think this sounds excessive for a one day trip? Think again! We went through it all. If Riley is sitting up, then a bib is a requirement. When she is laying down, she is on a quilt that gets washed every other day because I can't keep track of where all the spit up is. If I hold her, I ALWAYS have a burp cloth on my shoulder and about 90% of the time that captures it. When Ben holds her, he seems to have short-term memory loss and is happily holding her with NO burp cloths or bibs. I keep reminding him about this but at some point the saying goes into effect: "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me [insert Ben's name here]!" He has been fooled about 20 times! Now if my mom is holding her, when Riley inveitably spits up and misses the burp cloth (which happens a suprising amount to my mom) my mom feels the need to let out a shriek! The other day she screamed and I seriously thought she fell and/or dropped Riley. But no, she had spit-up on her shirt! After about 3 hours of babysitting Riley, my mom had changed clothes three times and started several loads of laundry. She must be particular about having dried spit-up on her clothes. I, apparently, am NOT particular about that because I will routinely look down on my sleeve and see spit-up on there and I don't even remember when the spit-up happened! If you aren't a parent yet or don't have a spitter-upper, just you wait. You think to yourself, "I will never let that happen to me," think again! It is inevitable!!!
Weary?
5 years ago


:) Lauren...I'm so proud of you! You've learned so much in your almost 6 months as mommy! Love how laid back you are. And, yes, I still have two burp cloths sitting her that I have yet to finish sewing down the ribbon on. I saw them just the other day and thought to myself what an awful friend I was for not getting them back to you in time for you to actually use them...but sounds like you would still be able to use them!!! Good to know!
ReplyDelete