The week before the class started, we purchased the leotard, tights, and ballet slippers. Apparently there was glue inside her slippers, because for the next 48 hours, we couldn't get her to take them off (yes, that does include sleeping in them).
Last Friday was our first class. Riley can sometimes be surprisingly shy, so I made an effort of giving her a pep talk before we got there. In the car on the way to dance, I asked Riley what she needs to remember during dance class. Without hesitating at all, she replies "to be brave and not talk about bottoms"! (we're going through a bit of a "infuatuated with bottoms" phase right now. Don't worry, it's part of the natural developmental progression... we keep telling ourselves?!?)
Riley was over the top excited and was very brave. I loved getting to see her be independent and try new things!
The official ballet hairstyle! (Yes, she likes buns, which doesn't help with the whole "bottom-infatuation" thing)
A little send-off kiss before class started.
I love her sweet smile of excitement in this picture. Melts. My. Heart!
Riley and her friend Macy!
A little video of the dance class. Riley is the third from the left (hair in a bun).



No comments:
Post a Comment