Thursday, March 15, 2012

18 months update

I can't believe Riley is already 18 months. Some days she seems so much like a baby and then others she seems like a 3 year old.

We just had her 18 month appointment and her are here stats:
- Weight - 25.2 lbs 70th percentile
- Height - 33 inches 85th percentile
- Head - 85th percentile

Things for me to remember about Riley:
- She just completed her second two-word phrase which is Izzy bath! We gave Izzy a bath the other day and this was no ordinary bath. Riley insisted on trying to put soap on Izzy. Then it fell in the tub. So she grabbed another shampoo bottle and that fell in also. She decided that she needed to retrieve the lost soap. In doing so, she managed to fall head first into the tub. I managed to catch her before too much of her arms got wet but it was still quite the adventure. I can understand why she walks around our house talking about that bath, wouldn't you? (mild trauma)

- Yesterday, Ben and I were talking to each other and in the background we hear a little voice saying "Izzy" and then again "Izzy". Seconds later, we heard a scary monster voice say "IZZZZZY". It was hilarious and I am desperately trying to get it on video because you wouldn't believe that a voice like that could come out of little Riley!

- She is still not a picky eater and loves her fruits and veggies. As my dad would say, she is not lacking in the weight department.

- She has lots of words and tries to constantly mimick what she hears. When her doc told her to say "ahh", she said "ahh" and let her put the stick in her mouth! What one-year old does that?!

- She is really enjoying music and will dance and play instruments to the beat. One of our favorite pastimes is to sing "if you're happy and you know it" and then insert any number of variations to clap your hands. Her personal favorites are twirl in a circle and stomp your feet.

- She has entered into a pushing and slapping phase. So if your child gets pushed off the playground, just know that I am working with her on this constantly (joking but only a little as she almost pushed someone off the play equipment last week)! When Riley knows what she wants, she goes after it and it doesn't matter who or what is in the way.

- She loves her Izzy dog! They play and play together. Sometimes on Izzy's bed and sometimes running around the house chasing each other. It is so sweet to watch.

- She understands much more than I think she does! We have started clean-up time before bed and she does it (sometimes and only if she feels like it but still).

- She is a solid one-napper and usually for about 2 to 2.5 hours. It is a glorious time for me because I can get loads of work done while she is napping. She also doesn't really cry when she is up from her nap. Normally I will look on the video monitor and see her standing up in her crib waiting for me to come and get her.

- She runs everywhere she goes and has a sparkle in her eyes. We are so thankful for her strong-willed, sweet, precious, funny personality. Oh yes, and those super kissable chubby cheeks also!

Apparently Lolly has been putting Riley on the big girl swing and we haven't had any falls yet!

Just a sweet smile
Riley sporting her first ponytail. I took it out a few minutes later because she seemed like a big girl instead of my little baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment