Thursday, May 27, 2010

Izzy!

Before I start the story behind Izzy, i have to tell you a quick sidebar. Ben has been looking for his flip flops for days now and was convinced he left them at my work. As he was in the process of telling me which janitor at work to ask about them, he walked off and came back to say he had found them. When I asked where, he said "his closet". Let the truth be told...I am to blame because I picked them up and put them where they belong and he hadn't even looked there yet! You can't make this stuff up even if you tried.

Here is the story behind Izzy. I felt compelled to do this after my dad said that Izzy deserved her own blog! While walking to church in October 2008, Ben saw a cute little girl and dad walking hand in hand. Very casually he told me that either we needed to be pregnant or get a dog by December (2 months later)! So we got Izzy at the end of October. We adopted her from the Richardson Humane Society. As part of the adoption process, we had to have a home visit to make sure our house would be "acceptable" for her. Our friends with children said that no one does that when you bring home a kid!



We were told her mom was only 18 pounds and to expect a 20 pound dog. Well, she kept growing and growing and is now 40 pounds! The biggest of her litter by 10 pounds. When we first got Izzy she was scared of absolutely everything but she warmed up quickly to both Ben and me. Although I thought potty training was going to be the end of me, I somehow survived and we taught her to ring bells on the back door to let us know when she needs to potty (that was Ben's idea)! Izzy has become our best friend and we love taking her on walks and cuddling with her. She makes life so much fun for us and has hopefully been good training for a kid.


Here is a more recent picture of sweet Izzy during our cuddle time! Ben thinks he lucked out because I cuddle with Izzy so much and that is time that he doesn't have to cuddle with me.


Before I end the post I have to give my mom and dad some credit. They do doggie day care for Izzy while Ben and I are at work. This includes cuddling, playing, and taking her on walks! They are so sweet to do this for us and love her just as much as we do. Although it did take my dad and Izzy about 4 months to warm up to each other, his face lights up when Izzy comes running through the door. It is funny how much joy and laughter a dog can bring to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment